Look 596


This is my Look 596. Sadly I don't think she's going to get much use this year. Last year I collided with a car on a roundabout when racing in Oxford. Luckily the bike and I left with minor scrapes. The bike needed new bar tape and a good clean. As for myself, I was left with a limp, some blood-stained kit and no desire to race. This was the fittest I'd ever been and sadly I could not use it. 

When I first got her, she was an Ex-Team bike from Endura when they were sponsored by Sram and Look before the team folded. When this happened they had to sell off the bikes used, I got such a ridiculously good deal on her I just couldn't say no! It was the frame, Sram red groupset,  RTC shifters, Zipp handlebars. All for the small price of £1200.00, not bad for a frameset that retails for 5k alone!

I then went on to upgrade the wheels, anything was better than what it came with... Nothing, 
I went on to look at Zipps but trying to build this to a budget I could not do it at the time. So I ended up FFWD wheels their super deep section 90mm on the front and disc on the back. I have to say were good wheels, I had very few issues with them over the 2 seasons I raced with them.

V718 - 21.21

I've been lucky enough to race this around the country with people that were a fountain of knowledge that I've been able to absorb and reuse to make myself faster, stronger and more aerodynamic. This was all a build up for last year when it was all tragically ended by a driver on a roundabout. 

Looking forward.
 This year I have enough going on, starting the year off by buying a house, the DIY that comes with it, Little Lola (my dog) you can read about her in my girlfriend's Blog. http://itseveeee.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/lola.html?m=1

I'll make my come back and be faster than ever. Will Leave you with some photos.
As always keep spinning. 

2016 Second - 22.41

2016 Getting my back flatter than that hedge.

 2015 Believe I was the quickest this night.

 2014 PB on Teddington, 21.41 Fast night. 
My favorite picture ever. 2015






Comments