Planning the adventure.

Planning this adventure should be nice and easy really, taking on the Pennine Cycleway also known as Sustrans route 68.

This loop will take me from Etwall just out side of Derby along the spine of the UK. Then dumping me at the hopefully sunny sea side town of Berwick-upon-Tweed. I may also have to cross in to Scotland while I'm up there! 

The plan is to break it down so to enjoy the ride. The 350 miles of lanes, bridleways and canal paths should take me 4 days if I'm planning on enjoying myself, take photos and remember why i love riding my bike. 

I've experienced the pain of a 200 mile day once before, undertrained but fully mentality​ ready for the challenge. I managed that in twelve and a half hours with the help of a good friend. We witnessed some amazing views, some of the smallest countrys lanes, incredible climbs and the brilliant​ rolling downhills. Not to mention some unforgettable cases of hitting the wall. 


Oh the photo... Nothing to do with my planning just a photo i took when out the other day. Happy spinning 

Comments