Just Another Day On The Bike

Today I went for a short spin. Hoping to get 2 hours out in the Gloucestershire sunshine.

My ride started off alright, slowly warming up until my first climb of the day. Hitting Cleeve hill like a sack of spuds, my effort spikes, i back off, hoping to to keep it steady. I allowed myself to sit up and enjoy the climb... As much as you can enjoy climbing when you are 92kg lump. I'm sure i can lose 5-10kg before the tour.

What goes up must come down! So now comes the long fast decent down into Winchcombe topping out at about 45mph, at least being 92kg has something going for it! 😂

Cycling the main highstreet in Winchcombe I see a guy walking his bike, knowing it's the only good thing to do I stop and offer the guy a hand. He jumps at the chance turns out he forgot his pump. I pull the pump from my pocket and offer a hand. He dropped his wheel out and doing it on a daily basis i offer to do it for him. We noticed that his rear tyre has a massive S shaped deformation on the tyre. I swiftly recommend that he gets some new tyres.

After fixing the puncture I wasn't sure if they would hold all the way to Cheltenham. Cutting my ride short, I cycled home with him. We had a chat; he just moved to Cheltenham after living in New Zealand and is training for an ironman.

Once arriving back in Cheltenham we parted ways and shook hands. I'm only wishing he's going to buy some new tyres!

Keep spinning. 🚲🚵🚴

Comments