Tripster ATR V2 First weekend review.

Kinesis Tripster ATR V2.

Thursday was the big day... It finally arrived: my beautiful flawless Kinesis Tripster ATR V2. Within moments of receiving it, the box with the frame inside was clawed open and the packaging
rapidly ripped off like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Maybe a little too excited I started building her up within minutes, after taking a few photos.
This was going to be a nice easy build, hydraulic brakes are a real doddle to fit and being Shimano, fitting the Di2 is even easier. The fiddly bits would be some of the internal cable routings. 
She was built and finished off Thursday night with moments to spare but not enough time to get a ride in. 

Friday night was her maiden voyage. It was nice to get out with Pete from work. We headed out for the long way home for Pete taking in fast country lanes I couldn't wait to know how fast and planted she could feel. Moving fast out of Cheltenham it wasn't long before we were on the quiet country roads. The only thing that was letting the bike down was the rider. Finding myself not very fit at the moment I struggled on the climbs but that was to be expected I guess. 

After splitting up with Pete when arriving in Gloucester I headed down to Churchdown and jumped on the cycle path making sure she got some gravel on her first ride out. The tubeless setup is one thing I will be shouting about for a long time to come. I will also be writing about it soon as I really believe it is the future of tyres.

My second ride was a 100k to help celebrate my friends 80th Birthday! He's still riding and was very impressed by our groups (15 or so of us) average speed of almost 17mph where he did his time on the front making sure to take turns and direct everyone in the right direction to the all important cafe stop. Having to turn off early the rest got a good 150k day in and I finished off my day with a Sunday lunch and walk up Broadway tower with my girlfriend and mother in law. 

I have a big ride with my dad planned and I'm sure I will write about that as it's an iconic ride and my dads longest ever ride at the same time.

My verdict. 
Freaking incredible. Beautiful looking. Sold as a rock in handling. It's just a shame about the rider at the moment.

Build Spec -
 Frame - 60cm kinesis Tripster ATR V2.
Fork - ATR V2 Straight Fork
Wheels - Mavic Allroad elite
Tyres - Yksion Elite Allroad 30mm
Groupset - Shimano 6800 Hydraulic Di2 Groupset 
Bar - 44cm unbranded alloy
Stem - 120mm unbranded alloy
Post - Kinesis  31,6 UD carbon seat post
Bar tape - Lizard skin 1.8mm black. 
Saddle - Specialized Power 143




Comments