Just so SuperFly.

2015 Trek Superfly 9

My 2015 Superfly is one of the best purchases I think I've ever made. Mountain biking can give you a freedom that road biking cannot. The ability to ride wherever you want, be it main road, country lane, bridleway, single track trails or up and over common land the bike can cope with anything.

My bike is setup with 1X11 Sram groupset. I use a 32 tooth chainring up front with a 10-42 on the rear, this gives me enough low end to climb even the steepest of climbs without much concern of running out of gears. I have been out with friends who were pushing up the climb and I was riding along side them... Not sure I was very popular for that.

One main reason for getting a mountain bike was to be able to get out with my dad more. He wanted to cycle more without the hassle of all the traffic. As time went on dad got fitter and really started to enjoy the relentless climbs and bask in the beautiful views this discipline of riding has to offer. The other reason was N+1. As we all know the number of bikes that someone must own is the number of bikes they now own plus one more.

Training wise it's amazing, off road climbs seem to be a little more grueling than the road counterparts sometimes taking the most direct lines instead of following the contours for a nice smooth ascent. There is something to be said for being in the middle of nowhere and in the knowledge that you may have been the only person to cross that trail or cycle up that hill.


A few snaps from out and about. 

Dad at the top of Cleeve hill.

No filter need on this beauty.

Tree lined. Doesn't get much better. 


Comments